1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  4.  | Insurance Claims UM/UIM

Insurance Claims For Accidents Caused By Uninsured And Underinsured Drivers

Automobile insurance can be expensive – especially for new drivers and people who have less-than-spotless driving records. In fact, even many of those who qualify for lower-risk rates choose to carry only the minimum liability coverage required by law in order to save money. As a result, there are more and more accidents involving drivers with too little insurance or no insurance at all.

Uninsured (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage is a solution to this problem. Unfortunately, UM and UIM insurance claims are often difficult to collect on without the assistance of experienced legal counsel.

At Rowe, Weinstein & Sohn, PLLC, we can deal directly with your insurance company and make certain you receive the benefits you have been paying premiums for and to which you are entitled under the terms of your insurance policy. Simply stated, do not take “No” for an answer from your insurance company when it comes to a UM or UIM claim.

For a free consultation and answers to other questions you may have regarding UM and UIM insurance claims in Maryland, the District of Columbia or northern Virginia – contact Rowe, Weinstein & Sohn, PLLC.

About UM And UIM Insurance Claims

Although it is required in only a handful of states, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage is a wise investment – especially when you consider the high cost of treating even very minor injuries. Our best advice is to purchase as much of this coverage as you can afford.

In addition to the benefits it can provide you if you are injured in car, truck or motorcycle accident – you may also be able to make a UM or UIM insurance claim for injuries resulting from bicycle or pedestrian accidents.

The last thing that we would like to mention here is that UM and UIM policies are a complex area of insurance with very specific rules and procedures that must be followed. For this reason and more, the smartest course of action you can take is to hire an experienced attorney (like the ones you will find at our firm) to handle this matter for you.